RugerForum.com

This is a Ruger Firearms enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent Sturm Ruger & Company Inc. of Southport, CT.
It is currently Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:15 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 5:00 pm 
Blackhawk

If this forum cannot do a simple search when asked, then some type of change is needed. I NEVER get that error message from any other forum I belong to.

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 11:20 pm 
Ruger Guru

We do not live on this site in a perfect world. It is free and has a bit of age. We will continue to do the best possible with what we have and manage. As one of the primary here, I will be direct and crisp:............. Be patient. If you are so unhappy, Adios. SPLITZ

Ruger Owners and Collectors Society
RCA Field Rep Emeritus
Minn Weapons Collectors
Colt Collectors' Assn

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:54 am 
Blackhawk

Could you possibly give us some insight as to what the nature of the site unavailability is?

Is it related to the hosting, server hardware, board software, database, etc...
Also, what does be patient mean? Is there a pending upgrade or just deal with the timeouts and be patient in refreshing the site over and over until it loads?

I realize that this is a free site and I appreciate the wealth of information here, I find that the continuous "site is not available" messages are getting more and more frequent, which typically means I end up on other sites and don't read, contribute, or come back to this one as often.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:24 pm 
Single-Sixer

I left this site a couple years ago over the never ending messages and reloading page issues. Just came back to check it out today and see nothing has changed. Whenever I try to refresh "view active topic page" I get the try again later messages. Frigging annoying!
I don't love this site because it's free! I love it for the info it holds! I would be willing to pay a fee just to get this site working like it should.
I don't hold to the welfare, handout mentality.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:39 pm 
Blackhawk

98Redline wrote:
I realize that this is a free site and I appreciate the wealth of information here, I find that the continuous "site is not available" messages are getting more and more frequent, which typically means I end up on other sites and don't read, contribute, or come back to this one as often.

Same here. Plus, ALL those "other sites" are as free as this one. Except that they work most of the time.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:10 pm 
Hunter

woodsy wrote:
98Redline wrote:

Same here. Plus, ALL those "other sites" are as free as this one. Except that they work most of the time.

Are all those other sites COMPLETELY free of ads (popup or othewise)?

NRA Benefactor

Last edited by RoninPA on Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:12 pm 
Hawkeye

woodsy wrote:
98Redline wrote:

SMH. Sigh.

So, stay at those "other sites", no one is holding a gun to your head. Ownership/administration has explained the situation to the extent that they wish to. Beyond that, no further explanation is obligatory. Take this forum for what it is, or don't; the choice is yours.

Of course, you could always start your own forum and operate it in any manner that you deem prudent. Do let us know how that works out for ya.

Are you gonna cowboy up, or just lay there and bleed?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 8:13 pm 
Buckeye

Just wondering where my Avatar went......