RugerForum.com

This is a Ruger Firearms enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent Sturm Ruger & Company Inc. of Southport, CT.
It is currently Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:02 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 4:56 pm 
Site Admin

------Click on "Profile" in the upper right hand corner after you have logged on.

----------------------You will then scroll down until you see----------

------"Always notify me of replies:"

----------------------Click "NO" and save your profile-----------------

------While you are at it...change default language to English.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 3:06 am 
Buckeye

Actually, I have the opposite problem...i like getting the reply notices, and do sometimes, but not always. And I never shut that feature off (and I do check my bulk/trash folder, too, to see if they end up there. They don't...)

That, and a good rifle.
Go ahead and wig out because it's a Fox News link. I understand it's not See?B.S. or the All Barack Channel, but there ya go...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:41 am 
Hunter

1RugerFan_33 wrote:
Actually, I have the opposite problem...i like getting the reply notices, and do sometimes, but not always. And I never shut that feature off (and I do check my bulk/trash folder, too, to see if they end up there. They don't...)

It's coincidental but that was what I got onto the ofice today to ask you folks. I never turn off my reply notice feature but it just seems like after a bit it just cancels out. I have to admit I never found any rhyme or reason to it but it most definitely does. If possible I would love to continue to get reply to notices until the thread runs out.

Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:09 pm 

I recently ran into this problem myself. It appears the topic subscription service ("Watch this topic for replies") gets canceled when you make a new reply to the topic.

This is dumb behavior of the software, but I do not know how to modify the feature. I'm almost ready to create a shadow copy of the forum software so I can experiment with it. Almost. ;)

So just remember to click "Watch this topic for replies" every time you post a response, and you should be all set. Luckily, when you reply it takes you to the page you just entered.

-- Sam

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 10:14 pm 
Hawkeye

As of 5/25/2014 I have stopped getting notices of replies to threads I am following. I haven't changed anything till tonight, but not the one that says to/or not to follow threads cause I can't find that feature. I logged in and profile is not in the upper Rt corner. User control is. I went there. Profile is on the left, but nothing under that says anything about following threads. I am frustrated.
gramps

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 7:26 pm 
Hawkeye

I still have the problem. Any help?
gramps

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 8:06 pm 

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=204167

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 1:48 pm 
Hawkeye

When someone answers one of my posts I used to get a notification in my E-Mail box. That notification quit about 2 months ago. All the options have been properly checked off on the User Control Panel.

Is there a possibility that page is not working properly?
Or maybe its another problem somewhere.

My notification box is working OK with my regular E-Mail and I do get a pop up when I get a private massage.

Thanks

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 11:39 am 
Buckeye

I have the same issue as ED. I can't even find the area that asks if I want to be notified of replies to posts I have made. Lately I have just been using the search function to find posts I have made to see if there has been any activity since my last post. I have been through the User Control Panel looking with no luck.

CFC Member: EXTRASHOT
NRA Life Member