Old thread....Ruger and His Gun, The Book

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Went browsing the used book store and finally came across the Ruger and His Gun by R.L. Wilson. I've seen it mentioned here several times, but didn't know what a neat book it is. Unlike many of you, I don't have an extreme interest in the many facets of which serial number indicates which grip or which medallions. Still, it is an interesting book, for example Bill Ruger designed and built a car in 1969...full color too, (the book that is!)

Rugerandhisgun1.jpg

The bonus is, the book was marked at $24. But as the book's spine is coming apart, I asked if I could get it for less. Clearance price? One dollar! Ha![/img]

J Miller

Blackhawk
Kevin,

It is indeed a great book. You don't have to be a collector ( I'm not ) to enjoy and learn from it.

Your clearance price was pretty good. About the only way to beat it is to have received the book as a gift.

Joe

mm6mm6

Blackhawk
It is a great book. All of R.L. Wilson's rectangular shaped books are amazing. I've got a different cover, but the inside is the same.

Skeeter004.jpg

I_Like_Pie

Blackhawk
Holy cow....does that say Clearance - $1.00

!?!?

Heck of a find if it was. mm6mm6 that looks like the original version/printing you have there.

HAWKEYE#28

Staff member
I also snuck up on one and it's spine was loose. I use GOOP for lots of stuff: Took a qtip, put Goop on it and inserted into the spine carefully. When I had enough down in there, I closed the book and left it alone for a day. Solved the problem!

Greg F.

Single-Sixer
I just bought a used copy online. It's the older version. Is there any difference between the '96 printing and the newer '08 printing, besides the jacket cover?

street

Hunter
mm6mm6":3rgq0l86 said:
It is a great book. All of R.L. Wilson's rectangular shaped books are amazing. I've got a different cover, but the inside is the same.

Skeeter004.jpg

That's a gun that would make John Wayne proud.

w5lx

Single-Sixer
flatgate,
That one apparently gets a lot of use. Kinda like patina on a well-used gun. I have a copy of the book too and have thoroughly enjoyed it, especially some of the insights on Bill Ruger's personal life. I have admired him since the 50's.

P90

Single-Sixer
I've had one for a long time. Bought it new, and went back and reread it many times. The History of Both Sturm and Ruger and their Families are very interesting. Every Ruger Fan should have one.

flatgate

Hawkeye
SBH4628":1rq72e03 said:
Gosh flatgate do ya keep it under your pillow :lol: :lol:

No, if I did it would be in pristine shape. I've drug that thing all over and have set it on Display Tables many times.....

:D

flatgate

Interesting. This photo must be on my old photobucket account. It's true the internet doesn't forget and you can't really delete anything.

I'm going to have to see if I can find my password for this photobucket account. Why would the pictures still show up? They don't for everyone, do they? I ran across several of my old posts with pictures that are still "active."
By the way, I still have this book.