My First Double Action 22---Non Ruger but Nice One

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Thanks to a forum member for making me a deal, my first double action 22 has a new home. I have a crew of Single Sixes but not a single 22 in double action. Figured this one should get along with the others. Another bonus was finding a nicely broken in Bianchi in the holster drawer that was made for this one.

Snake45

Hawkeye
That's a beauty! Should give you hours and years of fun. I hope it shoots well for you.

Welcome to the wonderful world of .22 DAs! :wink:

BDM1

Single-Sixer
For a first double action 22, you sure got a good one. I would really like to have one, although i can't afford a Smith. I would, however, settle for a Charter Arms or Rossi, as i probably wouldn't put that many rounds thru it. Whatever you own, enjoy it, i'm sure you will enjoy yours!

Great little Smith! Does that have a 5" or 6" barrel? (Most are 4" so the longer bbl. is a plus.).

I got n S&W 651 4" w/round butt back in the first year of the new century. It was used but not really, and I jumped at the chance, since .22WRM is one of my favorite ctgs. Played around with various grips including the OS target grips like yours but when it came down to it, ease of carry was my main interest and I kept the factory "rubber boot grips" it came with.

I also got a nice Bianchi basketweave holster like yours for it from a forum member and the combo is one of my favorites.

The price on these keeps going up and up but they are such nice shooters that I won't sell. Wish I had the blue version of yours (6" Model 35) that I once had too.

Enjoy--you got a good 'un!

hittman

Staff member
Those are beautiful guns!

I recently picked up a round butt 34-1 that turns out to be a very accurate and fun little shooter.