A few from the First Gathering

Help Support Ruger Forum:

What we did a lot of.
jKRVNP9h.jpg

Lower range firing line. Notice the hair coloring of the two in the front of the shot.
4Xl8pqYh.jpg

Bob Campbell and one of his prize possessions
Mz4AXCyh.jpg

A closer look at the same
fS3s4OCh.jpg

Hail, hail the gangs all here (except me who took the photo)
1EskaS2h.jpg

Thanks for sharing. I really want to make it to a gathering to meet some of the fine people on this forum. The wife is not a gun person so I will have to do a lot of convincing to get her to make a trip.

Tensaw: I know you posted this on the other thread about the Texas gathering. But I've gone a couple times to North Carolina at Contender's place. The area where he lives is so pretty. There is a lot to do and see in the little nearby town of Chimney Rock. There is a state park close by. But the little town has numerous little shops where your wife could spend a leisurely day. Or for that matter the scenic drive over the continental divide to Ashville. There are tons of antique stores there. I kind of like that town. It's always on the "Small town top ten places to retire list."

Not sure how you would go from Alabama, but there is also the tourist resort town of Gatlinburg and Sevierville - Pigeon Forge TN. Right there by the Smokey Mountain National Park.

In Chimney Rock, I've stayed at the "Carter Lodge" hotel. It's a clean mom and pop owned place and not so expensive. http://www.carterlodge.com

The trip would be awesome even without the East Coast Gathering.