Bobby Tyler 45 Auto Rim

Help Support Ruger Forum:

sixshot

Buckeye
Was running more test loads through my OM 357 that Matt at Tyler Gun Works converted into a 45 Auto Rim & had some interesting results today.
I had made up a few loads using the Miha 205 gr RN HP using both Unique & Longshot along with my more proven load of the Miha 223 gr SWC HP using Longshot. Don't use any of these loads in your gun, none are published loads, always work up your own loads in YOUR gun!
You will see that one target only has 3 shots, I had two rounds that wouldn't chamber, I think it was because of my crimp. Anyway the load shows promise & I'll run it again for sure.
What surprised me was the 223 gr SWC at 50 yds, it was the first time I had shot any loads at 50 yds & I was very happy with the results. Both of the black targets you see already had 3 smaller bullets holes in them, looked like maybe a 30 caliber rifle. The first time I shot the top target I was cross firing from another bench, the second time I moved over & was more in line with the bottom black target. I was very happy with both targets. The first little berm is at 25 yds where I had my target.
This 223 gr SWC HP is going to be a dandy bullet for deer this fall.
MQj9Usbh.jpg

X9NZMpKh.jpg

6h8efJYh.jpg

ZnY9n0Oh.jpg

DMtU9TAh.jpg

jWm5CFYh.jpg

8Y2uWVgh.jpg

Dick

Nice shootin'!

And those grips are incredible. What is the finish on the wood? It definitely doesn't look like they are coated with 20 layers of tru-oil. I really like the look.

J2X

Bearcat
Shoots and looks great. You have a good one there.
I loaded auto rim many years ago. I might have to get back to it.
Thanks for the inspiration.