From “The land of pleasant living”

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Some views from the back yard:

846PF31.jpg

1NeEpyG.jpg

Jim:
Very nice, but in that first picture it looks like that Bi-Plane is going to need a longer runway. :D

edited:
And I'm curious about the wheels on the plane in the other picture. Are they pretty big? Do they have much air pressure, or are they pretty soft? They look pretty "bouncy." An honest question, I don't know much about airplanes.

Kevin said:
Jim:
Very nice, but in that first picture it looks like that Bi-Plane is going to need a longer runway. :D

edited:
And I'm curious about the wheels on the plane in the other picture. Are they pretty big? Do they have much air pressure, or are they pretty soft? They look pretty "bouncy." An honest question, I don't know much about airplanes.

Kevin,
The runway is plenty long enough I just didn't have the catapult hooked up :wink:
The 31" tires on the Cub have 6-8# in them. This allows them to go over rough terrain without beating the plane up. Also they do not have tread on them for rocks to get picked up and thrown into the plane. With the low air pressure along with the air shocks it makes the landings softer in rough fields since they have a lot of give. The Carbon Cub is the best ATV/back country airplane.
Yesterday I grilled Sockeye Salmon, potatoes, 1015 onions, red bell peppers, and Wifie's home grown tomatoes on the Napoleon :D

WendyZXZ said:
That looks great Jim with the planes and family and the BBQ looks wonderful, Kevin!

Wendy,
Thank you so much. That Kid on the right is getting married this Thursday 6-18-2020 he is now 23. It seems like only yesterday that Son Trey told us that he was born. Where does the time go?? It has been a GREAT RIDE.

The back yard is on the east side of the house and when it is clear you can see Mt. Jefferson in the wilderness area in the distance. I spend many evenings back here watching the mountain and the animals in the fields.
Zig6gh8.jpg

HH99VaH.jpg

Badger Matt

Single-Sixer
Wyandot Jim said:
Kevin said:
Jim:

edited:

Kevin,
The runway is plenty long enough I just didn't have the catapult hooked up :wink:
The 31" tires on the Cub have 6-8# in them. This allows them to go over rough terrain without beating the plane up. Also they do not have tread on them for rocks to get picked up and thrown into the plane. With the low air pressure along with the air shocks it makes the landings softer in rough fields since they have a lot of give. The Carbon Cub is the best ATV/back country airplane.
Yesterday I grilled Sockeye Salmon, potatoes, 1015 onions, red bell peppers, and Wifie's home grown tomatoes on the Napoleon :D

I want to be Wyandot Jim when I grow up!