60's Russian Volga Car

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Like most people, we are all at home these days. I hope you don't mind me sharing some pictures here.

This is a 1960's Russian Volga. My wife's parents have a house out in the country in a little small village. It was her grandparents house a long time ago, now they use it to just get out of town and garden etc. on the weekends.

Anyway, this guy was just out for a joy ride in his 1960's Volga. Not sure if he restored it or just kept it clean all these years. It sounded really good for such an old car. I'm sure there is nothing electronic about this car. :D I was just out for a walk around the village. It's nice and quiet, no street lights, just the chickens clucking and an occasional cow mooing off in the distance.

My version...
cMmUU9Ml.jpg

The original pictures:
f1J1BFrl.jpg

xnfC3Fwl.jpg

BDM1

Single-Sixer
Very interesting pictures, thanks! Of those cars, i had only heard of the Lada!

Now that looks very much like a CAR.

If we could make something like that as reliable and fuel efficient as current small cars, I'd buy one. (My ideal "car looks" are the Raymond Loewe (sp?) Studebakers and the Studebaker Lark, so you can see I'm not much in tune with current fashions. (And the 1960s Lancia Appias, IF they would come with a full-time Italian mechanic to keep 'em running!).

Not sure Jay gave that little thing a fair comparison. He says it would have been competing in our market with Caddys and Oldsmobiles and Buicks, but to me it looks more like it's in with the low-end models of Ford, Chevy, Plymouth. Wonder what they listed at here in the USA.

Quality appears OK for what we can see, just nothing fancy. Feels more like a '50's version of an American car, not a mid '60's version. :mrgreen:

Latest posts