For the muzzleloading fans

Help Support Ruger Forum:

contender

Ruger Guru
Many of us appreciate muzzleloaders,, and especially the Flintlocks. Well, my youngest son is married to a well known Flintlock builder's daughter. She runs her Dad's business now. Chambers Flintlocks.
Jim Chambers has been building Flintlocks for a long time & is also a heck of a nice guy. He's featured again in the current issue of "Muzzleloader" magazine. Here are a few pics.

And some of y'all may remember he was building a LEFT handed lock muzzleloader for our granddaughter. He gave it to her last Christmas,, but it wasn't quite finished. It's now finished, she shoots it,, and it's also featured in the magazine.

T.A. WORKMAN

Hunter
When it comes to smoke poles there is nothing like an ole Flinter! What caliber is it?
He is a true artist when it comes to his work, your granddaughter is a very lucky young lady to own such a custom rifle.
If you get some pictures of her firing it I am sure you will share them here.

Terry

RSIno1

Hunter
I bought a J. Garner signed flintlock last year just because it was a lefty. For some reason I do everything right handed except use scissors and fire a rifle. My wife descends from William Whitley of KY https://parks.ky.gov/parks/historicsites/william-whitley/ I've always wanted to build her a replica of his rifle but realize I don't have the talent. Figure 7 in this article https://www.mesdajournal.org/2019/note-the-cumberland-unexpected-artistry-of-the-southern-frontier/ I subscribed to Muzzleloader and have been kicking around pricing a custom build of the Whitley rifle.

contender

Ruger Guru
You should go ahead & build the gun. :D

I do know that Jim & them do classes on building guns too! (I know,, you are a bit far away,, but I'm a sadistic enabler! :D )

RSIno1

Hunter
contender said:
You should go ahead & build the gun. :D

I do know that Jim & them do classes on building guns too! (I know,, you are a bit far away,, but I'm a sadistic enabler! :D )
I can do the metal work part but I'm terrible at wood work. I figured I'd use you as an in to get him to build it. :lol:

contender

Ruger Guru
:D :D

I hear you! My artistic skills are severely lacking too! And,, even I haven't tackled the idea of a build myself yet. I have a good enough friendship with Jim to where I won't jeopardize it by asking for such favors! Heck, even my son doesn't have a Jim rifle!!!!!

loiblb

Single-Sixer
Chambers built a large Siler lock for my gun 30 or more years ago. Still works fine

Poco Oso

Buckeye
I appreciate the offer Tyrone. I'll be sure to look you up if I get down your way. It would be an honor to meet both you and Jim.

Latest posts