Granddaughter's Christmas

Help Support Ruger Forum:

contender

Ruger Guru
My 17 yr old granddaughter has been wanting a SR22 of her own,, in purple ever since I got a pair of them for Miss Penny & my GD's mom. Every time she visits & goes shooting, she likes the SR22 & either gets her mom's gun or asks for Miss Penny's.
Well, at the OGCA show in July, I got another purple SR22 for her Christmas present.

And,, we came up with an idea for a shirt. My oldest son has a side business making custom T-shirts. He used a pink shirt, purple gun, and it says;

"Phillips" at the top, and along the bottom;

"Purple Pistol Packin Princesses."

Today we were able to get out & shoot a bit. She's a happy young lady.

[url=https:

contender

Ruger Guru
The T-shirt idea has been in the works for a while. My DIL didn't know about the shirts,, and she also got one. My sister was watching them open the presents,, and when she saw the shirt,, she commented; "I have a purple gun & I don't have a shirt." I asked her; "What purple gun,, and she has a Walther (I think,) so I replied; "Well, it's not a Ruger SR22 & you aren't a Phillips anymore."

I guess we'll have to have another shirt made for her,, or she'll pout! Maybe I'll make her hubby buy her a SR22 to match the other ladies!

contender

Ruger Guru
Thanks all!

She's a happy girl,, and already looking for her next gun! She was really looking at the guns at the FoNRA event.

taco68

Bearcat
Congrats Grandpa! My 19 y/o daughter has been a shooter since she was six or seven. Two years ago, out of the blue, she asked for a Robins Egg Blue Glock 19 when she turns 21. One, in my mind, where in the heck did you come up with that. Second, in my mind, never mind, yes I will my dear!!

Latest posts