A Birthday Treat

Help Support Ruger Forum:

pete44ru

Hunter

My oldest Daughter & her husband took me to dinner today, for my birthday (a few days ago) - so, naturally, I chose a Polish restaurant...… :roll:

These are pierogies with various fillings (cabbage, potato, Bar-B-Que, etc), a link of ( correction) keilbasa, and a huge golumka.

aLEGPmul.jpg

b3XX1wDl.jpg

As a bonus, the restaurant also had some blueberry-filled pierogies - which I glommed for tomorrow's breakfast (with sour cream, natch :wink: )

It made for a very happy birthday, indeed...……. :mrgreen:

Hey, Pete, that's not how you spell chorizo! And those little pillows of goodness look like empanadas to me....SURE you got the right restaurant????

Whatever the ethnicity, its great to eat what you like with people you love! Thanks for sharing.

pete44ru

Hunter
Mike Armstrong said:
Hey, Pete, that's not how you spell chorizo!

Thank you all ! !

Mike: my bad...…. I had a brain farct :oops: :oops:

I meant to say Keilbasa (polish sausage) … DOH !

Thank you...……. :)

FYI

C-h-o-r-i-z-o is Spanish

C-h-o-u-r-i-c-o is Portuguese (my wife is Portugese; I yam Polish & Ukranian)

Kidding a little, Pete. I used to live across the river from Menands, NY, where Polish was still spoken by many folks, and the restaurants looked like your pix. Great food, and folks.

Belated Happy birthday! Polish food is awesome! Back in Chicago there was a Polish grocery store with some very authentic Polish foods. The older women that worked there didn't speak English.