Alberta Moose

Help Support Ruger Forum:

tinman

Buckeye
Wyandot Jim said:
One thing for sure It doesn't taste like CHICKEN :wink:

When I lived in Canada I ate Moose that my neighbors had. It is outstanding. Much better than Deer or Elk. Neighbors would go for the Cows rather than the Bulls because I was told they taste better. The four of them went on a Meat trip rather than a hunting trip every year:D

I had a friend give me several pounds of it some years back. I remember it was very good, don't know if it was male/female. I grew up hunting for the table and we always went for meat rather than wall hangers.....my Father said he had never found a good recipe for horns....... :roll:

Don Lovel

Hunter
What did a moose tag and outfitter cost? I have been looking at doing a big whitetail hunt in Alberta and would not mind adding a moose if the price is not too bad. Sometimes hunt cost seem really stupid high until you consider, you are paying those folks to babysit your silly butt into wild country with horses, guns, bears and rough mountains, then keep you warm and dry and not lost, feed you enough food to keep your legs churning on steep ground, do all your game care and packing, hell no wonder it is so expensive. I spent $2500 easily outfitting my own elk hunt in Colorado a few years ago and did not see any Elk