Colorado Trout Trip

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Badger Matt

Single-Sixer
This was intended to be a repeat of our 2017 trip where my buddy, Tom, joined me on a fly fishing trip in Colorado where my folks live (Loveland) as well as my son (Golden). Alas, Tom's recovering from his cancer treatment so he lived the trip vicariously through daily texts...

We fished Rocky Mountain National Park. Everyone caught at least one pretty Brown Trout. Bonus was our guide giving us some entomology lessons. He majored in biology in college.
i7ttgGN.jpg

SLOfnz4.jpg

Dsqut0D.jpg

Camped near Bellaire Lake in the Red Feather Lakes area where I caught my first fish on a bamboo rod I made with Oyster Bamboo Rods in 2016 with my father.
OAJfDxE.jpg

gLPCGey.jpg

Played around on the Poudre River, my old college stomping ground.
FV2ZQ7E.jpg

Tried out the Laramie River and got slammed by mosquitos.
Here's my dad coming back to the Jeep...
8c6D9ao.jpg

Wddpxom.jpg

BearBio

Buckeye
My niece-in-law husband (Her dad is a fishing and hunting buddy) majored in archaeology and moved to Colorado with the Park Service (?()==quit and became a fly fishing guide with Cabela's.

Great pictures Matt thanks. Makes me miss Colorado even more.

I don't know if you have seen these or not.

A skinny Brown caught in my secret spot around South Fork :wink: I have caught quite a few small Bows and Browns in this stream.

looking up stream and down stream

One of my better days on a lake at around 11,000'.

Doing a little spinning on the San Juan in NM.

Don Lovel

Hunter
made me proud, my last three trout I caught in Colorado were a 21" Brown in the Rio Grand near Del Norte, a 19" cutthroat and a 15" Tiger in Cotton Creek in the Sangre De Cristo side of the San Luis Valley

Latest posts