RUGER YANKEE

Help Support Ruger Forum:

T.A. WORKMAN

Hunter
Gentlemen,
I got lucky and finally snagged a Ruger Yankee Spiral Ratchet Screwdriver, and it was the Short Variation to boot,, :) :wink:
This one is in super shape for 70+ years.

Not a lot of info out there and I have not had a chance to go through my old RCA Journals and RENE articles. If anyone can add to or correct any of my info please feel free to do so.

Terry

g38eaAoh.jpg

Y1L5k1sh.jpg

4s0lC71h.jpg

Wasn't all that long ago most carpenters had a Yankee screw driver in their tool box.
Most were Stanley which I have a few! One of these days I'll snag a Ruger one somewhere.
Nice Find Terry congrats. ps

T.A. WORKMAN

Hunter
Already found three errors from my notes,, :oops: bad info is worse than no info,,sorry for any confusion. :wink:

1.-Correct years should be, 1945 - 1949 from Johns latest book.
2. Model is #300 for Manual,,Model # 301 is for Automatics.
3. The Ruger #1010 Brace & Bit is Rarer!!

contender

Ruger Guru
First off,, KUDOS on a FINE score there. I don't have one of those unicorns in my stable of stuff so color me jealous!

I've managed a couple of drills, and a Bit-Brace,, but not the screwdriver. But,, I keep hunting,,,,,,,,,,,,!

RPM Enterprises

Buckeye
T.A. WORKMAN said:
Already found three errors from my notes,, :oops: bad info is worse than no info,,sorry for any confusion. :wink:

1.-Correct years should be, 1945 - 1949 from Johns latest book.
2. Model is #300 for Manual,,Model # 301 is for Automatics.
3. The Ruger #1010 Brace & Bit is Rarer!!
In all my years collecting Ruger tools, I would say the breast drill is the rarest. I have several brace bits and seen several for sale in the past but only know of about 6 breast drills in which I own 2.

T.A. WORKMAN

Hunter
Rick,
I agree with you the Breast Drill is the rarest,,next would be the Brace & Bit, followed by the Screwdrivers, straight shaft Hand Drills and the common Pistol Grip Drills.

I know that The Ruger Corp. didn't make them ,,but where would you rank the Ruger Clydesdale Winch in rarity ?
Terry