What a sight it is!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

sixshot

Buckeye
Recently got one of Fermin's (2Dog's) front sights installed on my old model 41 shorty by Bobby Tyler. While the gun was there Bobby did some action work & did his wonderful color case hardening on the Ruger frame.
This OM 41 shorty is a great shooter & after installing this new sight of Fermin's is as good as it gets. This is without a doubt the best front sight I've ever used. It's narrowed to 1/10", just as I like my sights, with deep, cross filing along with the old mirror installation. It's been a long, long time since the sights have looked this sharp for these old eyes.
Shooting today with friend Russell Cottle from Oklahoma I was able to stay on the 8" steel at 80 yds from the Elmer Keith reclining position better than I have for a long time. In fact it was easy with my 212 gr HP's & 8 grs of Unique. Sure glad I got 2 of them!

jzUriOEh.jpg

JqFJmQoh.jpg

oWEUiLPh.jpg

3l60LFQh.jpg

TkTXmtXh.jpg

Dick

gunsbam69

Hunter
A friend of Mine out in NW TX got some of these from Fermin for single sixes and called me up to tell me how much he likes them.

sixshot

Buckeye
Eric, you're correct, they are the best sights out there! I need to order another one before 2dogs get's too busy. Last week when the Sheriff was here we did quite a bit of shooting at the pistol range & on this day I think we were sitting at 65 yds & shooting from the Elmer Keith reclining position. Again I'm shooting my OM 41 shorty, you can see my group hitting just a bit high right even from the second photo. These sights of Fermin's make this possible for me, no other iron sight will do this, at least that I've shot, they are amazing.

3H5iAYkh.jpg

y5rkgu1h.jpg

HdOSuPNh.jpg

ni5myioh.jpg

Dick