New Leather

Help Support Ruger Forum:

nrobe50

Buckeye
New leather for my Bobby Tyler 38-40. Made by a local boot and saddle maker.

fN4Z6EAh.jpg

FTtDLUdh.jpg

BDM1

Single-Sixer
Very nice, that boot and saddle maker knows his/her way around holster rigs! As good as anything i have seen from the "name brand" makers!

tinman

Buckeye
That is a nice rig. If I read correctly, it appears to have been built by Buster and Company. Please correct me if I am wrong.

https://www.busterandcompanyboots.com/

nrobe50

Buckeye
thats the guy. I didn't know that he had a website although I have known him for several years. great guy to do business with and a true artist with leather.

tinman

Buckeye
Had a local boot and saddle repair guy make me a cartridge belt for my 45/70 several years ago. I modeled it after the one worn by Tom Selleck in Quigley......... He did a great job and only charged me $100.

BearBio

Buckeye
Bear Paw Jack said:
Every time I see a Bobby Tyler gun, I start wanting one. Really like that leather too.

I had Bobby make me a 38-40. Took FOREVER (Something like 2 years==lots of "excuses") to finish== work was decent but the engraving wasn't what I asked for, I was just so thankful to get it, I took it without complaining.
I had him re-blue and case-harden two SAAs early on and he did great work. Had Pat Grashorn make me bighorn grips and I deconstructed an EPS John Wayne rig.

https://ibb.co/dJwfZk

The "conchos" are Indian Head pennies; Bowie is a Bark River (also with bighorn scales). A testament to my maternal grandmother who was 1/2 Native American (Registered in the Cherokee and Chickasaw Tribes) and 1/2 Irish.

nrobe50

Buckeye
I have nothing but good things to say about Bobby. If you are in a hurry, he is the wrong guy. If you want a great job, he is the guy. It takes a while for him to perform his magic. I am a very satisfied customer of his.

nrobe50

Buckeye
gramps said:
Yeah, it is a good looking rig, but the shells look too big for the 38/40? :shock: :mrgreen:
gramps

the rim diameter of a 44 mag is slightly smaller than a 38-40 or 44-40.....the cartridges in the belt fit the revolver just fine.