Latest Woodworking Project

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Over the years I've looked at many antique Roll tops many were Rail Road desk.
They were always too expensive and never took the leap to purchase one. But they
all had one thing in common, that was secret compartments. Just wondering if you
incorporated any in this one. ps

street

Hunter
powder smoke said:
Over the years I've looked at many antique Roll tops many were Rail Road desk.
They were always too expensive and never took the leap to purchase one. But they
all had one thing in common, that was secret compartments. Just wondering if you
incorporated any in this one. ps
I thought about secret compartments but just didn't get around to it. By the time I would have gotten around to doing that, I was tired of fooling with it and just wanted to get it done so I could use it.

Beautiful work. Oak is hard enough. That's a lot of Birdseye maple to work. Hard stuff. Great job.
I visited a small shop in Marquette, Michigan which exclusively sold Birdseye Maple products. The main sales counter was a solid slab of Birdseye about 12 X 2/12 ft. Amazing.

CMH

Blackhawk
Sir....... that is one of the most beautiful desk I have ever seen. You do fine work..... can't find quality and ingenuity like that anymore for sale!!

street

Hunter
CMH said:
Sir....... that is one of the most beautiful desk I have ever seen. You do fine work..... can't find quality and ingenuity like that anymore for sale!!
Thank you! You are most kind. :oops: :oops:

protoolman

Service-Sixer
As a fellow wood butcher all I can say is wow! I know the hours that went into that. Amazing piece.

caryc

Hawkeye
Simply awesome work. You must have a good (big) hardwood dealer in your area. Just accumulating all that beautiful wood is a job in itself.