10-22 Eye Candy

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Did some scope swapping last week so had to get out and sight in a few of the 10-22's that get used. Figured as long as these were out for a field trip I might as well get a group photo. Came out pretty colorful don't you think.

You know I never really paid attention to which one did the best group. I was somewhat in a hurry because I also had 4 others in 223 to get sighted in. I got each one dialed in at 20 yards, which should be the same at 59 yards, then onto 80 yards where they were hitting on the bottom of a 3" circle. After this the true test was the swinger/spinner at 100 yards with a 3 inch circle. The shooting was done with Federal American Eagle 40gr HP ammo because this is the ammo I have inventory of and I also have the ballistic info for it.
The top one is my old original 1984 model. It is always the one I grab first, and use the most. It has had trigger work but is still sporting all the factory parts including the barrel which shoots just fine. The hole in the receive for the bolt stop pin is literally egg shaped from all the ammo this one has digested. All of my 10-22's that get used, now have some type of "bolt buffer" pins in them.