Cows and Guns

Help Support Ruger Forum:

My gun range is down an old road past some cows. Sometimes there are some longhorn cattle. But today, just some curious cows looking back. I usually stop and take a picture or two.

All pictures except the last Black and White line drawing were taken with my I-Phone.

sWyu3wNh.jpg

mAPJvoeh.jpg

yPxWH4Lh.jpg

quN6GAhh.jpg

q4GJk3ih.jpg

And one more. This motorcycle was for sale by the side of the road. Pretty nice looking. I wish they would have put a price on it...just curious what it's worth.
tpTZUkah.jpg

Edited: I did remove the phone number from the "For Sale" sign. I didn't know if they wanted their phone number on the internet. PM me if you want the number I suppose. I don't know anything about the sellers or bike.

daveg.inkc

Hunter
Kevin, you know those cows went back to standing around talking, don't you? Like the Farside cartoon? Where lone, front bovine calls out "Car!!" And that Harley looks like the Rocker model. Where passenger seat is stored under the big seat. The "Rocker" did not last too many years. All those seat parts were made in Kansas City. The Tool and Die shop, where I worked machined the castings and I welded everyone made. That particular job lasted several years, from 2004 on.

Since these local dairy herds haven't yet heard of a packing plant, they come running as soon as they see somebody by the fence. :mrgreen:

And the obligatory gun photo, a nice old .44 Flattop.

More happy cows wondering if we have something better than hay. :mrgreen:

And while we were out, I was reminded I pass really neat stuff every day. I'm gonna try to start taking more snapshots.

How about hops? Just nubbins now, but soon they will climb to the top of the strings just in time to be cut down and used to make beer taste bad. :?

And filberts? Maybe you know them as hazel nuts. We are the filbert capital of the world. Leaving the big nasty metro area, you don't have to go very far until you're back in the most wonderful rural-ness. Very sparsely populated, so there's just not enough votes out here to override the city.

And maybe not a Ruger, but when a gun is this perfect it doesn't have to be. 8) The obsolete .40 . :lol: Just picked it up and shot it for the first time today.

gramps said:
WAYNO, I am curious about the DA and the knife. Please elaborate-caliber, model, barrel length, what kind of knife, and who did the sheath? Please and thank you
gramps

Okay...the revolver is a 2-3/4" .357 Security Six. It is round-butted, but there is no documentation if it was done by Ruger or not. It is in the s/n range of a batch of Security sixes that received this round-butt treatment, but even Ruger has no records of the individual revolvers that received this treatment. I no longer have the stag grips, so it now wears factory standard Speed Six grips.

The knife...a Puma Bowie. When I bought it new, it came with a hideous sheath that would have looked better on a meat cleaver. I contacted Redstick, a member that used to be very active on this forum. Told him I needed a sheath. I sent him the knife and just told him to surprise me. It is extremely well made. He has done other leather and beadwork for me since, and his work belongs in a gallery.