Moved to Bama

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Arokcrwlr

Blackhawk
It has been a long time since I have been able to look at the forum due to life events and just not having the time. It appears that I have missed the passing of Flatgate - I am deeply saddened as we had some wonderful correspondence over the years and he was a great help to me in my early foray into Ruger single actions... As I try to catch up I am sure I will discover other things that I've missed. I'm still very busy, but hopefully I will be able to drop by a little more often.

After having moved away 25 years ago, my wife and I have moved back to Alabama . We hope this is our final resting place for retirement and beyond. We bought about 10 acres of bluff property overlooking Guntersville Lake and are in the process of building our home. It is exciting to be back to the state where I grew up from age 9 and where I met my sweetheart. Here's a couple of pics of our property - the pics don't do justice to how gorgeous it really is. Many trees have been taken down to allow for the view of the lake. Most of it was hand cleared due to the rocks and steepness of the property which didn't allow access for the use of heavy equipment. We have a lot work to do to clean up the downed timber below the rocks - there's a future shooting range hiding somewhere down there.

Before clearing...
anLNTqv.jpg

Partially cleared...
ZUaOoUj.jpg

wkEJ2Sa.jpg

Cholo

Staff member
I really like NE AL! I just live 2 mountains NE of you: Sand Mtn. and Lookout Mtn. We live in a nice part of the country! :)

Latest posts