Perfect Spring Day For Shooting

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Of course everyone has a pile of stuff on their plate on the first weekend that the sun finally shows up and the temperature starts finally climbing. Sometimes you just need to take a day out of the busy list of chores to get out and burn some powder. Just figured I would share a couple of pics from yesterday before I jump on the mower for the rest of the weekend. The round plates are between 35 and 40 yards. The large are 12", medium are 6", and smalls are 4". The one with the most hits which also makes the best "Ding", is in the one dead center of the tire tracks (above the 6" circle) hanging from a branch. It is tough to see because it has no color. It was at 50 yards and is best for a challenge after the first hit because it gets to swinging and twisting.

contender said:
What,, no SA's??? :D :D

Looks like a fun day!

You must have blown it up and had a real good look. The bag with the Mark 2's and single sixes not been brought out yet. That Marlin in 38/357 was fresh out of the box. Not mine but we had all been looking for one for him for a while. He found it on friday and had to have it. Oh ya, sorry about that black plastic trashing the table up. I have to practice with them every once in a while so that when the kid comes home I can try to keep up with him.

The property is about 5 minutes from my place and belongs to a long standing (4th or 5th generation now) Boy Scout affiliated family. Twice a year they host overnight shooting trips here for the Scouts. I got involved when my son was in Cub Scouts. We usually set up this area for the 22 range, and have another area for trap, and 2 other areas for BB guns and archery. I have always enjoyed making new "gun guys" out of young men, so I try to attend the shooting trips to help out, even though my own son aged out of Scouting 4 years ago. It is truly a privilege to have a place to shoot this close to home without having to pay dues or deal with knuckle dragger yahoos. Everyone hauls out what they bring in. Nobody shoots glass or their old computer or microwave. Saturday we had a pair of deer wander by within 100 yards of where we were shooting. All we have to deal with is opening and closing multiple gates on the drive in, depending on where the cows are. Also dodging a few cow pies if they have been in the area trimming the grass for us. While I can shoot at my own place, I have neighbors with gun shy dogs and there are a few horses around. I mostly stick to 22's at home and always give the neighbors a heads up call before hand.