Another Dog Pic & some guns & a knife

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Rainy. Her first birthday is coming up this Friday. It looks like she won't be a big fat dog like our other dog Blizzard; she has less hair.

This picture came about, because I was talking with my dad about animals not wanting to get their picture taken. This is true, I believe. Something about looking into the lens. For this picture I used my I-Phone. which doesn't have a big lens, and I think is less intimidating.

Photoshop has a "clarity" filter. You can decrease the clarity to give the photo a dreamy out of focus look, or in this case, increase it to the extreme to highlight Rainy's hair. I also, increased the contrast and the sepia color balance.

I was trying for a brushed, oil painting effect, but didn't quite get it right.
vhzG3xCh.jpg

And some guns, I do take pictures of other stuff besides our dogs :D

Some Single Sixes. Two Dogs' front sight on the middle gun. It's too high and I need to file it down just a hair.
5YpO85rh.jpg

CjGmNTlh.jpg

Here's this knife. A couple years ago, I was driving past Davis, Oklahoma, and had to stop in at the Jantz Knife store. They sell supplies to make your own knives. This knife was a "kit knife." The handle was mostly fitted and the bolster and pins were also "mostly fitted" as well. The blade is Damascus which they say they manufacture right there in Oklahoma.

As a kit, it still took a good deal of time to finish. The handle is Desert Ironwood and the bolsters and pins are stainless. I have a sheath for it, as well not pictured.
0h3Pfswh.jpg

xjvvN0Ah.jpg

6mIP62Ch.jpg

There, not just dog pictures. :D

T.A. WORKMAN

Hunter
Dogs, Guns, Knives,,,all the same post away! :mrgreen:

I enjoy them all whether I comment in the post or not,, same for the lurkers :wink: :D .
Nice job on the knife, I like Damascus blades myself.

Terry