West Texas Dust Storm

Help Support Ruger Forum:

It's Spring Break in Dallas! The last few years, since my wife has so much work in the spring, I take my daughter to my parents house in Arizona, and we all drive back to Dallas and stop at White Sands and Carlsbad Caverns.

When we left Carlsbad, it was really windy. Between Carlsbad NM and Snyder, Texas, (about 200 miles) There was a constant dust storm and visibility was around 100 yards. Thank goodness, the wind was blowing East. It made the drive actually really pleasant. There weren't very many cars on the road at all.

These are some pictures I took East of Snyder about 30 miles or so. I only found out later, watching the news, this storm caused a lot of damage in West Texas, and was part of the storm shutting down the Denver airport on Wednesday.
UQbBnFml.jpg

It looked like this for most of the day. It had an eerie sort of feel to it.
v1xTIHll.jpg

HQmnaqAl.jpg

MhAHmr1l.jpg

They had the wind turbines shut down that day.
4FmJZXfl.jpg

mexicanjoe

Single-Sixer
Just another sunny day in west texas where you can taste what you breathe! ive actually seen paint blown off the side of vehicles and sand so deep that you lose sight of the pavement.

Beruisis

Single-Sixer
I went to Texas Tech Univ in Lubbock & during a lot of dust storms The street lights would come on.
Good times.