TLA Newcomers

Help Support Ruger Forum:

These two TLA Improved #5 44 mags found their way to Oregon earlier this week. Left side loading gates, reverse rotation on the cylinders and unique base pin latches along with the #5 grip frame are features of these guns.
Lvcko7J.jpg

K82e3um.jpg

wi1xQku.jpg

i5R0qpA.jpg

QbfmGP9.jpg

Interesting that one of the TLA frames "plummed up" like some Rugers do! That and the stags make it a very interesting looking handgun. THANKS for posting these; don't get to see 'em very often.

Mike Armstrong

Several of my TLA guns have either plum main frames, plum grip frames or like the stag gun, both. I recently read an article that said Bill Grover hired Ruger to cast his main frames and grip frames so the plum issue makes sense if this is true.

contender

Ruger Guru
Dern you Robb,, I saw those pics & TRIED to not say anything. But now they are here,, and I can't help myself.
You are retired.
You need to save your money.
Raising orphans is expensive.
You need to let others adopt such creatures & suffer a bit!

:D :D :D :D

tom black

Blackhawk
Robb those are truly some beautiful sixguns. I've never seen a TLA gun but would like too. I am right handed an I think it would be difficult for me to hold the gun in my right hand and reload with the left. Or am I thinking backwards? Thanks for the awesome pictures.
Tom Black

coach

Hunter
Never having loaded one, it seems to me keeping the gun in my shooting hand and performing all reloading with my offhand could be a little quicker to get back in action. Probably whatever you get used to. Not as fast as a DA revolver and a speed loader though. Only so fast you can go with a SA.

caryc

Hawkeye
coach said:
Never having loaded one, it seems to me keeping the gun in my shooting hand and performing all reloading with my offhand could be a little quicker to get back in action. Probably whatever you get used to. Not as fast as a DA revolver and a speed loader though. Only so fast you can go with a SA.

That works for me on all my Rugers. I'm left handed. I thought they made them all for left handers. :mrgreen: