Staff member
My first one.

gD277iQh.jpg

hittman

Staff member
Rumrunner said:
Nice. Now to find the match....

You're good with MY money! :lol:

I've got 2 "D" serial GP100's too and had an ad posted here for years looking for their match. Just gotta keep your eyes open .... you never know.

hittman

Staff member
contender said:
still don't have any "D" guns or "S" guns!

Thanks Ty.

I credit my having D and S guns with good old fashioned blind dumb luck.

What's more ..... I strolled into a local pawn shop a few months back. Hadn't been in there for months. The owner tells me he's got a mint Service Six for sale. It was in mint condition and what's more......it's one of the goofy factory ROUND butt Service Six's. There's a thread on here someplace about those. I got it lettered and confirmed Ruger stamped POLICE Service Six on a Speed Six round butt frame. He was "firm" at $425.00 so I didn't argue.

Funny how "dumb luck" often really breaks down to a bunch of screen time, a bunch of phone time, a bunch of worn tires and gas station stops, road food, shoe leather, and yackin' with other gunuts. But then I love ANY kind of huntin'!

I suspect most of us enjoy the "process" about as much as the result (for me that goes for the feathers-n-fur kind of huntin' as well.)

TY, I can solve your no "D" gun issues. If you really want to.....I can Solve that "S" issue as well.

Nahhh...just teasing.....I'll keep them.

P.S. the best dumb luck for Mike AKA Hittman, is meeting ME!....lol.. His enabler and comrade!

contender

Ruger Guru
Oh,, I KNOW some of y'all could "cure" my lack of any "D" or "S" guns. All it would take is a lot of green paper with dead presidents on them.
But.. like many,, I like the hunt & finding one in odd places. One of these days,,,!

contender said:
Oh,, I KNOW some of y'all could "cure" my lack of any "D" or "S" guns. All it would take is a lot of green paper with dead presidents on them.
But.. like many,, I like the hunt & finding one in odd places. One of these days,,,!

I hear you on that. Case in point, when I was visiting Son about 10 years ago in Fredericksburg VA I checked out a local pawn shop. Was I ever surprised to find a VERY nice boxed Mag marked Single Six with extra 22 cylinder..
Not just any Mag. RSSMX but one of 700 made with XR-3 grip frame and Eagle Logo on the Barrel. Price was around $300 or so. :D :D