Handgun Ring of Fire by AJGUNNER

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Cholo

Staff member
AJGUNNER is unfortunately locked out of the Forum. He emailed these pics to me so I'm posting them for all to see. Pretty cool images! It reminds me of contender's ring when firing his Hawkeye. His words:

25gr of H110, pushing a 240gr JHP, down the 2.75" barrel of a 44 mag Redhawk.

Took me a while on and off the pause button to capture these from a video. Me doing the shooting and my son taking the video on his phone. The target I was shooting at was actually a bit off to the left out of the pictures.

Cholo

Staff member
From AJGUNNER:

Please note that the perfect ring of fire is also the same color and shape as that ring used by the University of Oregon---but only a true Oregonian would notice this.

Wayno----I know I hit you up for the recipe for this load about 2-3 years ago, well I finally got around to loading some up.

Coach---To the naked eye all you see is a big flash. In slow motion you can see the flash and the ring, but the fire ring is extremely fast and dissipates and disappears really fast.

contender

Ruger Guru
He sent me those pics,, but I'm computer stupid to where I couldn't figure out how to copy & paste them here from my emails.

He had to go frame by frame to find & show the fire ring. His is sweet looking! The one of my Hawkeye was an accidental capture,, but it doesn't matter. All things like this are fun to see.

And no,, seeing this ring doesn't happen. Too fast!

Cholo

Staff member
Hey, Tyrone, how about posting your ring of fire pic again? It would be cool having both of them in the same thread.

daveg.inkc

Hunter
Contender's fire ring is the only one I've seen. But, I did see a big fireball the day I fired a .256 Hawkeye. That was impressive on a sunny day