Not a Ruger... S&W 1950 Target 44

Help Support Ruger Forum:

I know this is a Ruger enthusiasts forum, but most folks appreciate other manufacturer fine firearms. I have long been a fan of the 44 Special cartridge and firearms dedicated to this chambering. I picked up my latest 44 today. A 5-screw S&W 1950 Target 44 Special. Maybe a 90-95% gun with the gloss blue finish and 6 1/2" barrel. Dates to 1956. This is a Pre-Model 24. When the weather clears, it is off to the range to shoot this and it's little brother Model 63. Can't wait! :D

Dave :wink:

jgt

Buckeye
All my 44 specials of that vintage have .433 cylinder throats. The good news is they were .433 in every cylinder without exception. So it should group well and if fed the correct diameter bullet may group very, very well. At any rate, I bet you fall in love with it. Congratulations.

tom black

Blackhawk
Who cares if it's not a Ruger. That is one beautiful Smith! Got to put one of those on my bucket list. Let us know how it's shoots.
Tom

6GUNSONLY said:
I shot one of those yesterday. My buddy has one. About as fine as it gets, IMO. I have to settle for a 23-4 (mine's a 4"), but it ain't bad, either. Hey, there's a 4" 1950 target on Gunbroker right now - it can be yours for a mere $5500.

That's a rare duck!...... As long as it letters as a 4". A lot of them were cut back to 4" from 6.5". I will check out Gunbroker!

I checked it out AND it does letter....... :D