Smith plinker....

Help Support Ruger Forum:

HAWKEYE#28

Staff member
Based on ask prices, evreyone who has one thinks they are golden.......and yes, I have adored since 1978 and have some........I prefer the pinned and recessed. they went away in '81......The best is an engraved factory gun NIB that I snuck on from CDNN 8) ....shoulda bought the other four............ :roll:

HAWKEYE#28 said:
Based on ask prices, evreyone who has one thinks they are golden.......and yes, I have adored since 1978 and have some........I prefer the pinned and recessed. they went away in '81......The best is an engraved factory gun NIB that I snuck on from CDNN 8) ....shoulda bought the other four............ :roll:

SPLITZ, this one is recessed, but not pinned. Also model number on crane is model 63 without a dash. Serial number dates to '82 I believe which would make it a -1.

Dave

Snake45

Hawkeye
Are there Smith .22LR revolvers that aren't recessed? Never thought about it before but I don't think I've ever seen or heard of one that's not. :?

Cholo

Staff member
That's gorgeous, Dave! I need to find some of the J frame square butt target grips for my 34. You got it all in one package! :)

Looks like my 651 no-dash, including the red ramp. A cute little killer--I shoot it better than any of my other wheel guns, sadly including some nifty Rugers....

BDM1

Single-Sixer
Looks brand new. They will never manufacture that level of quality again, congrats!

montana outfitters

Single-Sixer
My 63 doesn't have 63-1 it's just 63...has recessed cyl and pin.... got it new in who knows long ago...….when were plain 63's made?????? sold a bobcat hide and got it at Black Sheep store in Idaho....no info on the box it came in??????

Latest posts