Arrow Head Collection

Help Support Ruger Forum:

sixshot

Buckeye
Can't remember if I've ever shown these before or not. A local rancher has made it a life time hobby of collecting Indian arrow heads in the area around Caribou & Bonneville Counties. He donated these & many more, to be shown for everyone to enjoy & they are displayed in the Caribou County Court House.

p1XNQOGh.jpg

jl6hILyh.jpg

XKpwaz5h.jpg

WaLoSAJh.jpg

Dick

contender

Ruger Guru
I don't recall you ever posting this before,, as I think I'd remember it. A stunning collection, well displayed, & shared.
I've only managed to find a few arrowheads,,, and that is just amazing!

sixshot

Buckeye
I think he might be dead but I can check at the court house. There are a lot more I didn't show. When I was a kid, growing up in Milford, Utah back in the 40's we had a lot of arrow heads but I don't know what ever happened to them. When we were out playing we would find them quite often.

Dick

Hi that is beyond awesome I have never been lucky enough to find one but a friend of mine owns a large chunk of land where many have turned up after plowing so he is going to let me know next time it is to be turned over its been a number of years since he has plowed it

Gramps

BearBio

Buckeye
I was working on a project with DoD on Yakima Training Center and they took me on a tour. We stopped to visit with the archaeologist and check on his cultural assessment. The work site was a Native American rendezvous site (for annual trading between tribes). Walking out to the excavations (he was relocating graves because the Columbia R was eroding the beach), we found two pestles/morteros and a human humerus. The beach was composed of thousands of stone shards/flakes. The DOD biologist commented he had never found an arrowhead on the base; the archaeology intern reached down and picked up a spear point ( or atl-atl) literally sticking out from under his shoe!

Anybody know how, in general, you can tell an atlatl dart point from an arrowhead? Size? Attachment shape? i know how to identify a Folsom point (all darts, I assume) but have found other points that aren't scrapers but seem too 'way large for arrows.

Any "pointers" on this???

Scout943

Blackhawk
There is an episode on the tv show Strange Inheritance about an arrow head collection . https://www.google.com/search?safe=active&source=hp&ei=gWJxXJKIMrK1ggfDmqTgBQ&q=strange+inheritance+arrowhead+collection&oq=strange+inheritance+arrow&gs_l=psy-ab.1.1.0l2j0i22i30.2563.22296..25902...0.0..0.350.2722.17j8j0j1......0....1..gws-wiz.....0..0i131j0i3.rJav31gs_30