Mountain Bluebird

Help Support Ruger Forum:

doccash

Buckeye
The Mountain Bluebirds winter along the caprock of the Texas HighPlains from Idaho and the Dakotas. It is a real treat to be able to visit them on some of the big ranches where there are NO people or political opinions but rather abundant wildlife and beautiful country. Dr.C

Rick Courtright

Hawkeye
doccash said:
Canon 7D mk2, sigma150-600 lens f7.1 at 1/320th sec. At 600mm

Hi,

A lady up the street teaches high school videography and does a lot of still photography herself. I know nothing of the various lens brands' strong and weak points. But I recall about a year ago she told me Sigma lenses might be one of the bigger "sleeper" values out there. Does your experience with the brand match hers, Doc?

Rick C

doccash

Buckeye
A Canon 600mm lens would cost 15K, this one is about 3K, for that a guy can put up with a little slower autofocus and maybe a pinch less sharpness. Sigma lenses are very good but a smidgen less than Canon or Nikon .

BDM1

Single-Sixer
That is a great photo, i would like to use it as my computer wallpaper for a couple days, if you are ok with that. After that, i will put a Christmas themed wallpaper on!

doccash

Buckeye
BDM1 said:
That is a great photo, i would like to use it as my computer wallpaper for a couple days, if you are ok with that. After that, i will put a Christmas themed wallpaper on!
Go for it , I would be honored. Dr.c

Rick Courtright

Hawkeye
doccash said:
A Canon 600mm lens would cost 15K, this one is about 3K, for that a guy can put up with a little slower autofocus and maybe a pinch less sharpness. Sigma lenses are very good but a smidgen less than Canon or Nikon .

Hi,

Thanks, Doc! I know everything's bigger in Texas, but that $12k is quite a smidgen!

Rick C