My SBH case

Help Support Ruger Forum:

JFB

Hunter
My SBH case
I picked up a wooden case that a Super Blackhawk would fit. Thanks WeasleMeatGravy!
OfJHS0F.jpg

BeaYmn8.jpg

The case actually appears to be for a Colt 45, in that the cartridge holes allowed 44 mags to rattle around.
roA4iTs.jpg

The first improvement to this case was to sleeve the cartridge holes. K&S ½" OD brass tubing fit the case and 44 mag cartridges. The tube was cut into 1.2" segments (thus getting 10 pieces with no waste). When tapped in, the tubes were slightly proud.
3YjL3Av.jpg

Next was to use the replace the steel looped cleaning rod with a brass one from Dewey along with jag, mop and brush.
r66z5OU.jpg

BZlNsjU.jpg

So now my SBH has a case
DkhMfLQ.jpg

And the "Piece de Resistance", the lid was laser engraved with the Sturm Ruger Logo and a SBH banner.
nwrk7BY.jpg

5of7

Hunter
In 1973 I was employed at Clark Equipment Company in Battle Creek Mi. The supervisor in the machine shop had some kind of speech impediment and pronounced the word Magnum as shown on this box.

When he talked about anyone that he seriously disliked, he would refer to him as a 'thock thucker'. :shock:

You didn't get this from him did you?

LIBERTY FOREVER

Bearcat
And he was he was perfectly happy!! JB :)
Reminds me of the guy with the tattoo spelled "No Regerts"
Great use of a Non-Ruger Mahogany Box.
What was the original content of the box, can you post the dimensions for me please.
I'd like to pick a few up myself and modify them for some shooters.
It looks fine, you have to find a story to match the engraving...... good luck.

JFB

Hunter
the box was bought of the classifieds here.

intersting, I did a google search looking for similiar boxes and got a hit that looked identical, BUT in a hundred searches after, I can't find it.

HAWKEYE#28

Staff member
Dave P. Like your idea. Heck, everyone of us has had this happen on a ride, or two, or........ Some of mine would take a really big brass plate........I like the case and refinements. I think there are four of the old SBH cases somewhere around here......Amazing what 50 years of chasing looks like......... 8)

contender

Ruger Guru
A very nice case & an excellent way to display a gun.

Just remember,, a gun stored in such a box for long periods can develop rust & other finish issues. Just look at the ones left in their mahogany boxes for too long.

street

Hunter
contender said:
A very nice case & an excellent way to display a gun.

Just remember,, a gun stored in such a box for long periods can develop rust & other finish issues. Just look at the ones left in their mahogany boxes for too long.
I think the problem with the Old Model Supers was the foam rubber under the cloth. There was something in the foam rubber that caused the guns to rust. If you notice the Engraved Single-Sixes didn't have this problem.

yes, and on the other hand the felt lined Super cases have speckled more than a few guns over the years, I know, I have had to redo many of them ....'yes that is a nice case, and the long one for the long barreled S&W N frames , 70s vintage, from the looks of it,,,,
yes, if the spelling bugs you, the brass plate is the way to go !!! I think its cool....... 8) :roll: :wink: