Under the bird feeders

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Last Thursday/Friday (11/15-16) we got about 9 inches of snow. On Saturday, I cleaned off the deck and set up the bird feeders (and of course the squirrels love them too :( ).

Yesterday I looked out to see what birds were there and then saw these (took the picture today 11/21) and snow is melting so not so great picture). Now why can't they come around during turkey season??? When the snow was there you could see they were pretty good sized tracks, no babies in this crowd.

tinman

Buckeye
:roll: I'm thinkin.......they appear to be stealing food from the indigenous species causing much stress and strife...........yeah, that's what I would tell the game warden.......

cool picture Ron, and yes thats how they do it around here, run out of the woods, 10 or 12 of them , run around the bird feeder in a frenzy, and poof, back into the woods......... 8) :roll: :wink:

gramps said:
Those tracks don't look like any turkey tracks I have seen! More like ptarmigan. Short fat toes.
gramps

That's probably because I took the pictures several days after they were made and we had quite a bit of melt (rain and warmer weather). I know the are turkeys, we have a lot of them and see them regularly (between the turkey hunting seasons - at those times they just seem to disappear :D )

"Let's see; I sell noise suppressors and was testing one when this large gobbler ran right in front of where I was aiming. :D :D :roll:"

Frank, they wouldn't know anything (even the neighbors wouldn't) if I had used one of my suppressed .22's and shot one (or more) in the head. :wink: :wink:

pete44ru

Hunter

These guys were under my Son's bird feeder a few days (nights) ago.

RVDbq6il.jpg