Altamont Roper style olive wood stocks for my 686

Help Support Ruger Forum:

mm6mm6

Blackhawk
I'm super happy with my new, just delivered Altamont stocks in olive wood for my 686 (K/L-Frame square butt) in their new Roper style. Fit and finish are superb. They don't cover the backstrap so they're not as big all the way around. They feel good in my hand. $95 shipped from Altamont.

My dad and my god father sold Altamont grips for their owner, Ken Enright back in the early 1980s. He was a kind man and easy to work with. He passed away earlier this year and if you'd like to read an interesting obituary, here it is. Altamont makes all of S&W's current wood grips, rifle stocks for Ruger, and many other grips and stocks for several other firearms manufacturers.

http://www.news-gazette.com/obituaries/2018-03-27/kenneth-enright.html

-Steve

Those are very nice, we have one set of Altamont grips on the 38/44 we got last year and really like them:

Hzy347O.jpg

Snake45

Hawkeye
I'm not a fan of the odd checkering pattern, but the shape, the wood, the fit and the finish all look superb! Congratulations! :wink:

BDM1

Single-Sixer
Obvious to me why you are super happy with them. Congrats!

CraigC

Hawkeye
Those are nice! I got a pair in walnut for N-frames but am in the process of refinishing them.

The "odd" checkering pattern is inspired by original Roper patterns.

Rick Courtright

Hawkeye
Hi,

Beautiful grips, and I kinda like the checkering pattern. I don't recall seeing many grips in olive wood, and they didn't look anything near as nice as these!

Rick C

mm6mm6

Blackhawk
I qualified outdoors in 6 degree temperature a couple weeks ago with this gun. The grips performed terrifically. Retired cop qual at a local Sheriff range. The grip area feels "thinner" under the trigger guard than the standard S&W stocks. I was a bit apprehensive about how these would actually shoot. They sure look good and it turned out they shoot good too!