Nice Spider

Help Support Ruger Forum:

32shooter

Blackhawk
This Garden Spider has been hanging out in front of the house for several weeks. It is not as big as some of them I have seen around. The Grandchildren were at house several weeks ago and we would feed it crickets and flies. I usually get rid of most spiders, but I do leave these alone as I have not ever seen any IN the house.

coach

Hunter
I agree. In the House, it's a goner. Outside, they're amazing to watch.
That reminds me I need to be on the lookout for webs built between bushes as I cut the grass. Nothing like catching a web in the face as you're moving along. They seem to get active with their web building come fall.

Caught this "little" guy a year ago. About the size of my palm little.

jzePCL8.jpg

Joe S.

Hunter
I HATE spiders! But we have some kind of spider that spins its web on the front porch every night after dark and by morning he has taken it down. I dont mind a tidy spider as long as it is outside and as long as i dont walk thru its web. That is our informal agreement. And he has held up his end quite satisfactorily. :)

We have those garden spiders too. Last summer we had about 8 of them lining a trail behind the house. Luckily they were off the trail so i didn't have to contend with them. But they are fun to watch.

BDM1

Single-Sixer
OK, i read the subject title correctly, not quite sure why i clicked on it anyway. I will shortly be turning in for the day, this should be interesting...

32shooter

Blackhawk
Jeepnik, I am afraid that spider would have to go. I generally don't like spiders, especially those hairy woods spiders that like to come into the house in the fall. I just got rid of one this evening in the garage out side the door coming into the house. It was as if he was waiting on me to open the door so he could come in. Snakes I can deal with spiders, not. We occasionally get small ringneck snakes in the house, I just throw them back outside. Spiders don't fair so well.
BDM, Sweet dreams!! :wink: :wink:

toysoldier

Hunter
I leave them alone, unless they spin a web across the porch. Clearing the web doesn't help, as they just spin another one. So I smack them. I really hate encountering a web in the pre-dawn light as I get my newspaper. :evil: