375 Ruger in the land of Oz

Help Support Ruger Forum:

mlazarus5388

Single-Sixer
I took my 375 Ruger to Australia for some Asian Water Buffalo. For me, this round is the bottom level of acceptable power for these large, and extremely tough animals. Here are a couple of sample animals harvested.

tinman

Buckeye
Bear Paw Jack said:
If that's just a couple of samples, how many did you get to shoot? I don't have a big enough house, to hang two of those heads. I think they are amazing trophies. I'd love to do that.

You can keep the heads.......I'll take the meat............ :idea:

contender

Ruger Guru
I opened this,, and my occasional dyslexic brain THOUGHT it saw .357,,,not 375. I went WHEW!!!!!!!! Then I backed up & saw I'd been mistaken.

A depredation hunt for those buffs would be a chore,,, but I'm sure it would teach you a lot about how to stop a big, hard to kill critter.

KUDOS!!!!!!! Thanks for sharing!

mlazarus5388

Single-Sixer
contender" A depredation hunt for those buffs would be a chore said:
I definitely learned a great deal about this cartridge and its effectiveness. Soft points in the tube with solids in the magazine. Shot placement trumps cartridge, however, bigger is always better. 458 win mag is heads and shoulders above the 375 for this class of beast.

UmpquaCharlie

Buckeye
Beautiful. Where were you Northern Territories? Did you operate out of Darwin or? Great video was it safe to swim off those great beaches or did you worry about salt water crocs?

mlazarus5388

Single-Sixer
charlies said:
Beautiful. Where were you Northern Territories? Did you operate out of Darwin or? Great video was it safe to swim off those great beaches or did you worry about salt water crocs?
The hunt was in Arhnem, about 13 hours north of Darwin, on mostly dirt roads. There was plenty of crocodile sign, but not on the beach, just the rivers and streams. Either way, I didn't go swimming.

Latest posts