Funny looking bats

Help Support Ruger Forum:

contender

Ruger Guru
I went on a service call to check this home for bats. Well,,, while there,,, we had visitors. These 3 little ones,, and momma. Now,,, mind you,, momma was totally unconcerned about us. Apparently the IDIOT neighbors are feeding them,, even after the HOA has taken them to court about it & tried to get them to stop.

But we did have fun watching them,, and took several pics. Momma was laying nearby,, relaxing,,, after emptying the feed pan.

QDhGcdh.jpg

The people who are feeding them are idiots (but you already knew that) and THEY will be the first ones to scream bloody murder when those bears start doing damage around their house. Then THEY will want the game commission to come out and trap them and relocate them. If I were the GC, and knew they had been feeding the bears, I'd do the trap/relocate and then send a bill for the costs associated for the trap/relocate to the homeowners and take them to court if they didn't pay. Idiots.

Cute cubs though.

contender

Ruger Guru
The home owners who feed these bears do so,, FULLY knowing the dangers & issues associated with all of it. They choose to continue.
The game commission generally won't trap & relocate,,, they will come in & kill if the bears present a danger to humans.

Now,,, interestingly where this is,, it is in the county,, NOT city limits. And hunting is legal in the county. Now it's illegal to kill cubs or mommas with cubs. BUT,,, these are not the only bears who come in here. And,, my customer has already given me permission to remove one. And,, my helper,, he has a tag as well,,, ! I bet these bear lovers will freak if we come in & kill a bear or two because the neighbors don't want them so close to their homes.

tinman

Buckeye
I'd be there opening day....... :idea:
And I would bring along someone to video the scene when the idiot neighbors showed up to give me grief.......and then I'd file charges on them for harassing a hunter.

Hi people just don't get it they like watching them up close so they feed them you can try to explain to them you are signing the bears death warrant but they don't care we have had 4 times in the last few weeks bears breaking thru windows and doors when people were home and they still don't want a hunting season to control exploding bear populations here the game wardens will tranquilize tag and transport them twice then kill them

Gramps

contender

Ruger Guru
We have been discussing the issue a bit.

I may get an invite to a HOA meeting, as a guest speaker. And,, one angle I'm going to use is the potential liability issue they may face if a person gets hurt,, or a pet gets killed etc by the bears. A neighbor who has a nuisance bear destroy something,, or a pet get killed,,, or in a worst case scenario,, a person getting hurt or killed,,, could POSSIBLY result in a lawsuit upon the person(s) who are feeding them. My pointed question to the feeders; "Are you willing to risk jail, or the loss of all your assets,, including your home just to watch bears?"

Yes,, they are cute when little. Yes,, it is nice to be able to see bears roaming. But they are still wild animals,, who are very capable of causing damages & hurting people.

Oh,, and opening day,,, if the HOA allows hunting,, we may be hired to kill a couple of them. It wouldn't be hunting,, it would be nuisance animal control.

Joe S.

Hunter
Contender,
How would the bears react if the people just up and quit feeding them? Would they move on? Or start rummaging?

contender

Ruger Guru
They will rummage in the area,, looking for garbage, other bird feeders, etc. And as they get hungry,, they will move away from the houses w/o any food stuff. Hunger makes them do the things they do,, and summertime is the time to feed heavily!