More Big Trout

Help Support Ruger Forum:

sixshot

Buckeye
My son took his 3 younger son's for another round of Trout fishing yesterday & they caught some whoppers. The oldest son & his girl friend took 6 tree stands on the horses to place on some of our water holes for the archery season.
Here are a few of their catches, I think they caught 25 fish & released all of them. Some of the holes were pretty deep!

tzXEeAO.jpg

OsUUDDO.jpg

HbSMiw5.jpg

Fa5YiIe.jpg

eYclRaA.jpg

upaVPec.jpg

ePvDbgF.jpg

Dick

ALRIGHT ENOUGH is ENOUGH. Just to set the record straight it is 98 and 70% humidity here. OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH by the way I'm not on a fantastic Trout Stream catching terrific Trout.
So bottom line you will not be on my Christmas Card List and I don't care how many pounds of delicious Idaho Spuds you send me :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

NAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA Really looks great hope to get to see ya some time.

contender

Ruger Guru
And again,, I suspect a certain PM lure was used. I see a glitter in one pic that is a give-away!

NICE ones too.

Pics like this make Utah fishermen faint!

sixshot

Buckeye
Well the 2 younger boys have learned a lot this year from their dad, mostly how to cast in the right spot & make the proper retrieve without letting their #3 Mepps or Panther Martin snag the bottom while casting UPSTREAM, there's a knack to it.
It's taken them a few trips but they are getting it down pretty good & as you can see their dad has been up to his arm pits in deep water helping them a time or two. Great fun & they've fished a lot of different water.
Jim, you are one of my oldest & dearest forum buddies, I'm going to have to get you up here sometime, either for Rock Chucks, fishing or deer hunting. PM me your addy, I don't think I have it anymore, the spuds are just about ready to harvest, I'm going to send you some.

Dick

Great pix; great fish--thanks for sharing!

Some of my best friends are fly fishermen (and women). Talking to them about fishing always makes me wonder where my grasshopper can might be....

Likewise my good friends who are double barrel nuts (SxS of course, not those OTHER doubles!). Talking guns with them always makes me remember that the best grouse hunter I ever hunted with used only a Mossberg 20 guage bolt action. He never had any other shotgun in his 60+ years of knockin' em dead.

Not sure why these people tolerate me with my cheapo spinning rods and Savage O/U shotguns. My lemon pancakes? Huckleberry jam?

Dick thank you so much.

Ahhhhhhhhhhh the confessions of a Fly Fisherman, not a good one but I have caught a few Trout around the US. Yea I love to use a fly rod and dry flies and fish to a rising Trout. Don't really care to Nymph fish. But it has to be under the right conditions. If it is to windy, stream to fast, to much brush, or a hill with TREES behind you it can be the biggest PITA known to man. That is why I always take my spinning rod along with me. It along with a gold spoon has caught a lot of dinner for Wifie and me. :D Hell I have even been known to use worms and power bait. :wink:

sixshot

Buckeye
Yup, the old master at work! For these young boys working along these streams covered with all these willows there's just no way they could use a fly rod, their dad would throw his rod in the river & walk home after about 10 minutes of untangling line! That kind of fishing, in this kind of water comes later. And yes, this is some fast moving water in many places, but we fish many different places & a couple of very good lakes, one is almost out the door.

Dick