My budding Chuck Burrows collection

Help Support Ruger Forum:

CraigC

Hawkeye
As most of you know, my biggest inspiration for trying my hand at leather work is Chuck Burrows. I don't know why I thought I could do it but for whatever reason, I did. I learned immensely from Chuck's videos, his countless internet forum posts in various places and his direct tutelage. I have a great many pics off his website saved and still refer to them often for inspiration. It was Christmas in June 2014 when I found out that he had actually recommended my work to others. Unfortunately, by the time I was ready to order some of his work, he was too sick to take any more orders and in April of 2016, he passed away. Examples of his work are many but to find any for sale is another matter entirely. In the last few months, I've been able to procure a few pieces and make some new friends in the process. So thanks again to Terry and Steve. I am truly blessed to finally be able to own examples of Chuck's work.

This one was always one of my favorites and the beadwork pattern inspired my first beaded sheath.

IMG_0050b.jpg

IMG_0054b.jpg

Then these goodies came yesterday. A dagger, beaded knife sheath, floral carved Slim Jim and a tapered gun belt.

IMG_0057b.jpg

IMG_0046b.jpg

IMG_0034b.jpg

IMG_0026b.jpg

reuben_j_cogburn

Blackhawk
While I can not imagine walking through the sticks with the first piece. It is an amazing work of art..
And the beadwork on the gun belt sheath pics is ornate and yet practical.
I think we really need to hold onto those craftsmanship ways of the past. It is sure refreshing from the expedient manufacturing of today.
Sometimes you just gotta enjoy the beauty of something, and forget the rest..
Beautiful stuff fer sure...

win1894s

Blackhawk
I talked to Chuck several times on the phone really great guy.One of my biggest regrets was not ordering a holster belt set up like the one John Taffin shows in his book cowboy action shooting.Chucks talent was unbelievable.

CraigC

Hawkeye
This one came last week. I have another two holsters and a belt en route as well. I'll always regret not ordering something from him but at least I can collect his existing pieces and keep his website alive.

http://www.wrtcleather.com

Knifeper20andper20Sheathper20Beadedper2009-3per20imageper201per20ofper203_1_.jpg

Forester1856

Bearcat
Love Chucks work, i have his videos but would love to be able recreate his beadwork, any tips on how to achieve this. So sad he has passed so much knowledge lost.

Ride1949

Hunter
I've admired Chuck's work for some time now. You're very fortunate to have these beautiful pieces. The world lost one of the true artists/craftsman with Chuck's passing.

Latest posts