Another old flat top

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Over the years I've had several of the 7 1/2" flat top 44s but they all headed to new homes. I had hoped that someday I would be able to talk the previous owner out of this very gun and finally he agreed. It has been redone by the guys at Turnbull with the different blue, case color on the frame and hammer and nitre blue on all the small parts right down to the pin holding the rear sight in place. The hard rubber grips have been fit to the XR3 grip frame perfectly and the grip frame itself is the nicest fit of an old Ruger I have ever had. I had a pair of Persinger ivories waiting for this gun and they fit right on as well. The gun is headed to David Clements to fit one of his bisley spurred hammers and a new trigger so I will have both sets of triggers/hammers. I think this one is staying here.
L9YKPwk.jpg

LaDo2Xd.jpg

2Tj9irQ.jpg

w2YDr4s.jpg

Alabama, in the bend of the Tennessee River
THAT is Perfection. I had a rough condition 6 1/2" flattop .44 shortened to 4 5/8" and the cylinder frame done by Turnbull. I'm thinking about having my 7 1/2" flattop frame done by Turnbull too, so they'd be like a matched pair. The 7 1/2" gun isn't "as issued" anyway - when I got it, it had had holes drilled in the topstrap for a scope. I had John Gallagher fix that and reblue it, so it's not a collector and isn't going anywhere anyway until I'm too old to shoot. :)

Gorgeous gun, thanks for sharing. I love the nitre blue on the screws, that really snaps it.