OM flatops still out there.....

Help Support Ruger Forum:

....in the general public, these two came to me at this past weekends show down in Warren ,Oh
both 4 digit guns, the 357 is in the #56xx range and the 44 is in the #62xx range........

uar1Seil.jpg

...made the trade and got 'em both 8) :wink:

Merry Christmas :)

Yes, we had often wondered about that as to possibly there being the "added" numeral 1, for guns in the same 'Ross' variation range, and if I remember right, there was only one "match" ( much like a duplicate??) and that was number 5460, and there was also a #15460, no other matches from what the late Bob C. had told me years ago...........maybe 'Ale-8' can let us know differently, update ??

.....and so it goes 8) :roll:

and Christmas is coming !! :wink: Have a Merry one......... :)

Vandermark

Bearcat
rugerguy said:
Yes, we had great success with Performer 8 and often wondered about that as to possibly there being the "added" numeral 1, for guns in the same 'Ross' variation range, and if I remember right, there was only one "match" ( much like a duplicate??) and that was number 5460, and there was also a #15460, no other matches from what the late Bob C. had told me years ago...........maybe 'Ale-8' can let us know differently, update ??

.....and so it goes 8) :roll:

and Christmas is coming !! :wink: Have a Merry one......... :)

They both look awesome. Congrats on the purchase, Dan. They both look like they're in mint condition. Are you going to display them somewhere?

thank you vandermark, and welcome to the Forum, no I do not plan to display them, as I do not collect the OM Blackhawks, just help others track them down and find them for others......my wife used to display and still collects OM single sixes, BEFORE 1960 and the red eagle semi auto 22s again before the late 1950s...throw in a few OM Bearcats and the 22 's are plenty enough...these days it is almost impossible to actually show/display any "complete" collection, last count there were 202 variations of the OM Single Six and I think the Super Single Sixes from the 1953-68 era.....logistically hard to even move about, set up , and display................
So any and all of the OM Blackhawks I ever had over the years are in OTHERS collections and displays.
Wish I had a nickel for everyone of them....YIKES :shock: ( and Penny for everyone I ever worked on 8) :roll:

Merry Christmas :wink: