10/22-M1 Carbine

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Here's kind of a neat little carbine I found today at the show. I walked by it twice before I realized it was a 10/22 and not an M1 Carbine. :oops: It's a 250- prefix 10/22 that originally had a boat paddle Zytel stock. An M1 Carbine replica stock with sling and oiler installed. A Tech-Sights aperture rear sight with elevation and windage adjustments. Also an AR style front sight with elevation adjustment. Volquartsen bolt release and extended bolt release. Came with lots of extras. Kinda cool! :D

Dave :wink:

Snake45

Hawkeye
I just got that exact same SARCO stock and will be building up one of my own this summer.

I don't like the Tech Sights, though. I'm going to use real M1 carbine sights, front and rear, on mine. Might also be using a real M1 carbine front band instead of the cheap SARCO copy.

Snake45 said:
I just got that exact same SARCO stock and will be building up one of my own this summer.

I don't like the Tech Sights, though. I'm going to use real M1 carbine sights, front and rear, on mine. Might also be using a real M1 carbine front band instead of the cheap SARCO copy.

If I would have built this purposely, I may have done what you plan on doing, but for me, for now, it will work and be fun to fiddle with..... It has the factory trigger, which is terrible.

I do have all the original parts, plus 3 ten round mags and a BNX 25 rounder. Also came with a Hogue overmolded stock in OD green.

Not a bad package all and all....

Snake45

Hawkeye
Heliman said:
It has the factory trigger, which is terrible.
Mine, too. That is exactly why I am doing this project. My mechanically stock 1985 10/22 has a trigger that feels exactly like the trigger on my "house" 1943 Inland GI carbine. :wink:

Latest posts