David Bradshaw photos Vol. V

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Lee Martin

Hunter
Some more outstanding photos from David. I'll let him narrate (hopefully you all recognize the gentleman in the last shot):

RugermobileTopofGrill.jpg

RugermobilesFront.jpg

RugermobilesSide.jpg

RugermobilewithChampion44.jpg

BradshawwithChampion44.jpg

Rugermobilewith00018.jpg

BillRugerJrwith00018.jpg

2 dogs

Buckeye
Ok, one of us is going to have to give ole Dave some uploading lessons....

Barranti taught me, so we know even the dumb can prevail. Dave is at least 4 times smarter than me so he shouldnt have any trouble...

Kanook

Buckeye
To be fair it took me two years to figure out how to instal the picture under my name. And I still have trouble with regular pics as well.

David Bradshaw

Blackhawk
Yes, I suppose one never outgrows the need to learn a new 2 Dogs trick.
Seven photos, from the top:

1) Radiator of RUGERMOBILE. William Ruger, Sr., completed two cars, intending to put the Rugermobile in limited production.

2) Frontal view----Design influenced by one of Ruger's favorite driving cars, his 1929 Bentley tourer, which featured excellent styling, power, and handling. (Note: Ruger didn't mind putting his foot in the carburetor(s) of his Ferraris.)

3) Side view----Ford high performance 427 V-8 with 4 speed. Stainless exhaust. 7:00x18" tires on wire wheels. Rear end supported by strong traction bars.

4) Rugermobile, with one of the first 10-1/2-inch Super Blackhawks. This .44 won the first International Revolver Championship (1980).

5) David Bradshaw with champion "Silhouette Super."

6) Rugermobile with 600-00018, the first production .357 Maximum.

7) William B. Ruger, Jr., with 600-00018. Ruger, Jr., developed and named the .357 Maximum, and standardized chamber, cartridge, and pressure at SAAMI.

David Bradshaw, with full appreciation to Lee Martin for posting these photos.

David Bradshaw

Blackhawk
Ruger's 1800's brick mill downriver the factory in Newport, New Hampshire. The first transfer bar retrofits to "old model" single actions took place in this building. As were numerous river-powered brick factories in New England, it started as a shoe factory. A turbine built in 1928 continues to generate electricity.
David Bradshaw

M'BOGO

Buckeye
Too cool, all around David, all the photos Vol. I-V, thank you for sharing.

These photo's brings a W.B. Ruger quote to mind, have to paraphrase though. If you build something with passion, it will have a following. If you build something for everyone, you will have an Edsel.

David Bradshaw

Blackhawk
Thanks Contender and M'BOGO... Marc.... don't know about the Bill Ruger, Sr., quote or paraphrase, but he sure as fury was the main instigator in getting post-WW II Americans properly armed.
David Bradshaw

contender

Ruger Guru
Folks, it's pics like this that give us collectors a peek "behind the scenes" in the history of our beloved Rugers. Stuff like this is priceless! I for one would love to thumb through Davids home photo albums! History captured!

Kanook

Buckeye
Perhaps write a book about what Mr Bradshaw has done to give every collector something to read.

M'BOGO

Buckeye
David Bradshaw said:
Thanks Contender and M'BOGO... Marc.... don't know about the Bill Ruger, Sr., quote or paraphrase, but he sure as fury was the main instigator in getting post-WW II Americans properly armed.
David Bradshaw

That quote was in R. L. Wilsons, Ruger and his Guns. I'll find it now that it's rattleing around my head, it was bouncing around all day :D .

M'BOGO

Buckeye
Found it, Chapter III, The Risks of Competition, 1958-1967, page 95, bottom of the third column.

"On creating something new, Ruger wrote to friend Roger Barlow (March 3, 1966):

"Whenever anything really great is created, it is the outcome of someone's real convictions. The corollary of this would be that an attempt to please the majority can only produce an Edsel.""

The next page is the beginning of Chapter IV, Build Your Car...House...Rifle the Way You Want It, 1967-1972, with photo's of W.B. Rugers cars, including the cream colored 425 HP Ruger Tourer.

Brings a tear to my eye, in the age of cartoon, and pregnant guppie styling of modern cars. These days Edsel's don't look half bad... Oh, for new 1968 Bonnivilles, and 1970 Cutlass Supremes to be in showrooms.