10/22 Fingergroove Sporter

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Sharing a few photos of one of the fingergroove sporters, 1967 vintage.

vNUgElo.jpg

ApEwWvz.jpg

lufsY5U.jpg

hittman

Staff member
py5uOLQh.jpg

These never fail to turn heads at the range. Most folks think I've re-stocked them. One of each; a 10/22 and a 44 Carbine.

I2gwqqUh.jpg

Many would say I paid too much for the 44 Carbine. Who cares? I'd never seen one in person before!

BDM1

Single-Sixer
I agree with Wendy, the finger grooves definitely give it a distinctive look, i really like it. I have seen that on other rifle stocks, a very classy look in my opinion.

radicalrod

Hunter
hittman said:
py5uOLQh.jpg

These never fail to turn heads at the range. Most folks think I've re-stocked them. One of each; a 10/22 and a 44 Carbine.

I2gwqqUh.jpg

Many would say I paid too much for the 44 Carbine. Who cares? I'd never seen one in person before!

I bet Ruger66 has never said that :roll: :roll: :roll: RR

kevin masten

Blackhawk
And! The international stock ain't to hard on the eyes either! When Ruger dropped the two stock styles, there was a big hole left in the line up. I imagine the cost factor had a lot to do with the stocks being dc'd. I have several of each that are factory checkered. Really attached to 'em.

Regards

hittman

Staff member
I bought a really nice stainless 10/22 with the green (or maybe they call it gray?) international stock.

I sold that hideous stock for $75.00 to a local pawn shop and mounted the 10/22 in a skeleton stock. The international stocks just aren't for everybody. :lol: