People Once Took Pride In Their Work

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Now here is something you will never see today. A company taking pride in it's work.

CP9Fitm.jpg

Heck even the inspector Mr. Smith put his name on it.

I've recently started taking notices in these types of markings. In my area the 1925 is the earliest I've found. This 1958 is the latest.

GVHkHXt.jpg

Seems right around the early 60's companies quit putting their name and thus reputation on their work.

Rick Courtright

Hawkeye
Hi,

I enjoy reading those "brand" marks when I see them, which is more and more infrequently today. Oldest I remember are in an older section of downtown San Diego: 1896 and thereabouts.

Rick C

I have done quite a few new construction jobs. It's almost unheard of to see a builders plaque anymore. The latest one I've seen was likely sometime in the 70's by Webb Construction (yea the same Las Vegas Webb). It listed not only the architect, but the project manager.

There were three buildings built at the same time, and if you look and know what to look for, the quality of the construction is obvious.

hdrk1111

Bearcat
Griffith companybiqs still to this day a top shelf highway paving and puli know works contractor. They do great work and are a great bunch of folks.