Rawhide Knife Sheath

Help Support Ruger Forum:

CraigC

Hawkeye
This is my first attempt at a rawhide knife sheath. I think it turned out well. There is an 8-9oz veg-tan liner and belt loop with a deer rawhide cover and cuff. It's hand stitched with artificial sinew and decorated with deerskin fringe, natural brown horse hair, aged tin & copper cones, solid copper tacks and antique Venetian trade beads. The knife is a Green River Hunter with bone handle that has been artificially aged and fileworked. I'm going to be listing this for sale, knife and sheath, for $300.

IMG_9181b.jpg

IMG_9179b.jpg

IMG_9171b.jpg

IMG_9182b.jpg

CraigC

Hawkeye
Now that is high praise, thank you very much! When I found out that Chuck had recommended my work, about a year before his untimely death, I knew it was all downhill from there. :)

BDM1

Single-Sixer
Turned out well? I think it turned out great! That is one classic looking combo. Pretty sure you will get your asking price on that in a hurry. If that is your first attempt, i can't wait to see your second, Great work!

pete44ru

Hunter

This is the Green River Hunter I put together earlier this month - but if I had seen your wonderful sheath first, I would have tried something similar, ILO the plain leather.

RXyLOmMl.jpg