Pawn shop find.......not a Ruger though

Help Support Ruger Forum:

gtxmonte

Buckeye
Local gun store/pawn shop where I do a bit of business had this in the case. Marked $875 but I ended up out the door at $750. It turned out a little interesting. The serial number and non pinned barrel say it should be a 27-3, but it is clearly marked 27-2 on the frame. So according to a local guy who says he knows S&W pistols, it is apparently a "transition gun" between the 27-2 and switch to 27-3 and is fairly rare. Doesn't really matter though, as I bought it to keep because I always wanted one. If it's worth more fine, if not, that's fine too. But it's pristine. Not a nick or scratch, nickel is perfect and appears to be fired little if any.

pruger45

Blackhawk
A transitional revolver but still not a P and R. I had an early 27-2 with a pre-27 barrel. It also had the lazy ampersand on the barrel. Cool but not any more valuable!

Cholo

Staff member
Gorgeous gun at a great price! I like the anomaly of a 27-2 that's not pinned. It's not like S&W's turned to trash when they removed a simple pin. I think you did very well! Will you be shooting it?

gtxmonte

Buckeye
I don't own anything I don't shoot. I have quite a collection of guns, but am NOT a gun collector. No such thing as "too nice" to shoot. At least not to me