Mustangs on parade....

Help Support Ruger Forum:

I know this is a gun forum, but had to share pics of a recent Mustangs Unlimited car show I attended a couple of weeks ago.

For those who like 'Stangs, here is some eye candy... :D

My 1994 Mustang Cobra

Some others that appealed to me......

Dave

Mag-force

Single-Sixer
Looks like a great show got to love those stands. You've got a sharp cobra nice color combo that we don't see to often. I've got a 70 that just love to drive. thanks for the pics

Kanook

Buckeye
I had a 74 Mustang II with a straight 4. On a good day I could give a moped a run for its money.

gtxmonte

Buckeye
While those are all Mustangs.........to me, there hasn't been a REAL Mustang made since 1970.............LOL!!!

That "Eleanor" clone is beautiful

Rick Courtright

Hawkeye
Hi,

Looking good, Dave!

Dunno if any of the guys are into road trips for a show, but if they are, there's an annual "Mustangs by the Bay" event in San Diego, usually about the first weekend of October. There's always mention of who drove their car the furthest to be there (trailer queens don't qualify), and a guy from Texas has taken that honor a couple of times. I wonder if someone from WA might be able to challenge him? ;)

Rick C

Cholo

Staff member
Very nice stable of pony's! My '96 Cobra is the Laser Red in the 2nd pic from the top. Unfortunately, it's time to let someone else take care of it :( I also had a '67 back in the day, Dark Moss Green. Love the Stang shows. Nice pics, Dave! :)

Rick Courtright said:
Hi,

Looking good, Dave!

Dunno if any of the guys are into road trips for a show, but if they are, there's an annual "Mustangs by the Bay" event in San Diego, usually about the first weekend of October. There's always mention of who drove their car the furthest to be there (trailer queens don't qualify), and a guy from Texas has taken that honor a couple of times. I wonder if someone from WA might be able to challenge him? ;)

Rick C

Rick, I am hunting elk in early October or I might consider that kind of road trip. Sounds like fun! :D

Dave

Cholo said:
Very nice stable of pony's! My '96 Cobra is the Laser Red in the 2nd pic from the top. Unfortunately, it's time to let someone else take care of it :( I also had a '67 back in the day, Dark Moss Green. Love the Stang shows. Nice pics, Dave! :)

Ken, back in the day I had a copper colored '68 Mustang notch back with a small block and automatic. Nothing fancy or fast but would love to have it now. Sold it and bought a '66 Fairlane GT. Now that WAS a fast and fancy car. :D

Dave

reuben_j_cogburn

Blackhawk
I scrolled through hoping to find at least one horse photo!!!!
And yes... I owned a 68" for a short time when I was in highschool.....

And I always wanted a real mustang..... the kind with the one horse motor......

Rick Courtright

Hawkeye
WendyZXZ said:
I have had Mustangs all my life and those are some great cars in the stable!

Hi,

Wendy, since Dave's gonna be hunting, maybe you should grab Kenneth and you guys get out to San Diego this year! That pretty red pony of yours would fit right in. ;)

For anyone interested, it's gonna be on Sunday, Oct 2 this year. For info:

http://mustangclubsd.com/index.php/mustangs-by-the-bay-2016

Rick C

mohavesam

Hawkeye
I worked with some Mustang nuts in southern MI - the types that identified their cars by month of manufacture, not year... the types who'd pay $250 for an original '66 clock bezel in the original box and could ID an aftermarket wire in a wiring harness from ten feet away... they were certifiably nuts IMO. But they knew Mustangs, and had a couple I had never heard of until I saw them. I think more than one of them had children conceived in a '64 1/2 backseat!
- Mine were both ragtop V8s of course.

jackruff

Bearcat
The Mustang came out in the spring of my senior year (1964) in high school, and I wanted one. When I started dating my future wife in 1968 she had a yellow Camaro with a 327 cu. in. V8. Since it had a limited-slip differential it tended not to get stuck on muddy roads so I used it for hunting! She drove my 1971 Torino 500. Finally I got a Mustang a bit over three years ago. It's black and has a V6 engine, but with quite a bit more power than the V8 Camaro we had.

mm6mm6

Blackhawk
Love your Cobra! It looks stock and unmodified and terrific!

I was also at a Mustang/Ford show at the Volo Auto Museum today. Here's a few unique cars to share as well:

One of just 17 Mustang II convertibles from 1977:

Show sponsor Mustang Restorations custom limo:

My 2015 Deep Impact Blue 5.0 convertible:

A flawless vintage GT:

It's a bit gaudy to some, but I loved this new Shelby GT350's hood: