Blued steel, Ivory and Barranti leather

Help Support Ruger Forum:

LSCG

Buckeye
a while back Mike "Doc" Barranti and I got to talking and we wound up working out a little deal. a short time later I got one of Mike's Longhorn Companion holsters in the mail, complete with Hammered stamping and my family Brand. this is my first Barranti holster but it won't be my last. it fit my 44 perfectly, the stamping is outstanding and the finish is superb.

the Longhorn companion is a re-creation of the Texas high ride holster designed by the later Bill Grover, gun maker and owner of the Texas Longhorn arms company. the awesome thing about this Holster is it can be carried strong side or crossdraw, right or left handed. if you're in need of a top quality holster( he makes lots of styles to drool over!) or some other leather good then Give Mike a holler, you'll be glad you did!

http://www.barrantileather.com/Home_Page.php

my Dad happened to be a pretty good Calf roper back in the day. among the various prizes he won was a Longhorn Roper saddle. I figured it was only fitting to pair the holster with it and his chaps for the pics.

since I had a custom Holster on the way I figured my Octagon barreled 44 deserved some nice Stocks. after a little work I had a nice set of Ivory's made for it.

hard to believe but i'm even better looking when I wear this rig. :mrgreen:

Cholo

Staff member
Wow, Zane! :shock: Your pics show some amazing craftsmanship all around!

I have to ask... What's the rifle, and who did the .44 work?

LSCG

Buckeye
Cholo said:
Wow, Zane! :shock: Your pics show some amazing craftsmanship all around!

I have to ask... What's the rifle, and who did the .44 work?

thanks Ken! the rifle is a Winchester 94 in 30-30. better pics of it can be seen here. http://www.rugerforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=240527

and the SBH is supposedly an early Hamilton Bowen gun.

Spencer said:
Awesome, It's perfect!!!

thanks! :)

gunman42782 said:
Wow! Just plain WOW!

thank you! :)

contender

Ruger Guru
Owning about 1/2 dozen of Doc's creations,,,, I can easily relate to the beauty & quality of the leather. And when you add the guns, saddle & all, all of that is just gorgeous.

Joe S.

Hunter
I keep coming back to this thread here and on single actions. Cant get over how nice that Blackhawk looks.

Spencer

Single-Sixer
i just checked out the thread with the 30-30. man the stock on the rifle is beautiful!!!! coupled with the worn look of the action. perfect!!!!

LSCG

Buckeye
BucolicBuffalo said:
A lot of "WOW!" factor there. Good lighting, which is something I usually fail at.

thanks!

when we took the pics it was in the evening. the sun was about 45 minutes from going down so the light wasn't too harsh but the shadows were not yet too strong, if that makes any sense at all lol. my brother's the photographer in the family and i'm sure he could have explained it better.

also, Photobucket has several tools in the edit section that allow you to tweak a photo to make it look better. I didn't have to use them here but I have in the past and they work great.

Joe S. said:
I keep coming back to this thread here and on single actions. Cant get over how nice that Blackhawk looks.

thanks Joe! it's been really hard to leave it alone. I think my other single actions are getting jealous. :wink:

Spencer said:
i just checked out the thread with the 30-30. man the stock on the rifle is beautiful!!!! coupled with the worn look of the action. perfect!!!!

thanks! that rifle saw many a mile with my dad. Lord willing it will see just as many with me and if I ever have a son it will get passed down to him.

Spencer

Single-Sixer
Spencer said:

thanks! that rifle saw many a mile with my dad. Lord willing it will see just as many with me and if I ever have a son it will get passed down to him.[/quote]

As it should be. The stories it could tell!!!!! and more are made every year.