Savage 101

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Joe S.

Hunter
Found this little cutie today and couldnt walk away from it. I think I'll have it cleaned up if it shoots decent.

It's a Savage 101 single shot pistol. 22 LR caliber. Barrel and fake cylinder break to the right to load and ejector rod ejects shell at that time.

GBt8OG.jpg

UvJQ9E.jpg

Had one as a kid. Our house was broken into while I was gone in the Army, and they stole this little gun. Just recently I found a nice one to replace it. They are a neat little gun, and super simple for a novice.

WAYNO.

Joe S.

Hunter
Probably wont be shooting any rimfire matches with it but it is minute of bowling pin at 15 yards. Fun little plinker!

DPvlej.jpg

Joe S.

Hunter
Rugernelli,
This one probably would've fallen in your price range then. The pawn shop had less than $100 on it, and i lowballed him by just over half and he accepted...

Have a look at www.savagesingleshots.com. There's a book by the guy that runs that website that has a history of the 101.

(I looked at the 101 when I was a kid but saved my money and got a Bearcat instead. Better investment! Still have it 50+ years later.)