My Rugers

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Fumbles

Bearcat
My Rugers.

All the rifles I bought very recently….the 10/22's just about 2 weeks ago-a used scoped, "walnut and steel" 1979/1980 model and a brand new 50th Anniversary $99 Black Friday special. The 1963 Carbine I got for $200 in the last 2 months or so. The semi-auto handguns I have had going back as far as the 80's and the 1980 SBH I bought used around 1999.

I reckon that the 10/22 and either the MkI,MkII or MkIII pistols…...are semi-auto rimfire firearm's that every shooter should have at least one of in their firearm collection. Timeless classics.

TinkerDave

Single-Sixer
No need for the apostrophe. Grammar police trying to save the world from misuse of commas and apostrophes. Nice gun's, I mean guns though. :) TD

Fumbles

Bearcat
Thank you everyone!

contender said:
Did you use a mask when you got the 44 carbine? And if it's a 1963, we'd love to see more details about it.

This was a good price right, contender? I went in to my LGS and was about to leave when the store clerk there, who I get on with well, mentioned that they had this Ruger 44 Magnum Carbine that came in and that they weren't even going to put it out until they asked a couple of their clients who they thought might want it; first. Also he said a couple of employees might want it. I missed him saying the word "carbine" and thinking it was a .44 Mag revolver said that I already had a SBH. He said "No this is a carbine. It's a semi-automatic."

So I asked to see it and said yes immediately and filled out the paperwork and paid the $200 right there. Being a used gun I had to wait out the rest of the 35 day hold before I could DROS it which is another 10 days. It was about 34 days. They only just got it in.

Thing is…….I had never heard of these rifles, never knew Ruger made a 44 Carbine. I looked them up after I left the shop and was surprised to see them selling at around $600 for used ones and even more for hardly used or NIB condition. I have no idea how that pricing slipped by my LGS. They are fair but usually prices are current. Then I stressed for the whole time it was in jail that they'd tell me they screwed up on the price etc and try get more from me or cancel the sale, lie and say the customer took it back etc etc…..or that I would get it and find out the gun has functioning issues. I'm glad it all worked out well.

As for the date. The serial number is 84XXX. Did 1964 start with 85111 as listed on the chart? Meaning that my gun was made towards the end of 1963? What is significant about that…..if it is a 1963?

Thank you tinkerdave. Don't know why I did that quite honestly. Semi colon above is good though….right? :D Sentence is a mouthful. I could have split that into two sentences.